Week 2 Discussion – (1-2 references)
As you have seen, the definition of terrorism can differ from person to person and from organization to organization. Most definitions have some elements in common.
- Who should have the authority to “officially” define terrorism? Why do you think so?
- What is your definition of a terrorist? Explain your definition.
- What types of terrorists exist in the world today? List and describe the motivations of today’s major terrorist groups.
- What can be done to limit the growth of terrorists and terrorism? Describe a plan to limit the growth of terror groups.
- Are there no alternatives to violence for terrorist groups to make themselves heard?