UCLA Cinema as Window and Frame and Ontology of the Photographic Discussion
Respond to the questions below after reading:
- Thomas Elsaesser, Malte Hagener. “Cinema as Window and Frame.”
- André Bazin, “Ontology of the Photographic Image,” “Painting and Cinema.”
- What are the authors’ main arguments?
- How do the texts dialogue with one another?
- How did they change your understanding of the act of watching films?
- Your comment about something that stood out to you, or that you’d like more explanation on.