The Fords Assembly Line Was Extremely Efficient Case Study
I’m working on a history discussion question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
answer to any two of the questions about The Great Depression: A Job At Ford’s :
- Why did workers move to the Detroit, Michigan area to work at Ford Motor Company in the 1910s and 1920s? What places did these workers come from?What were their experiences like in Detroit?
- What were working conditions like in Ford’s River Rouge factory? Based on our readings from the previous class, how did these conditions reflect scientific management?
- What were Ford’s cultural and ideological beliefs? Why did he insist on his workers and their families attending dance classes? Why did Ford publish anti-Semitic articles in the Dearborn Independent? What were the consequences of these beliefs?
- Who was Harry Bennett? Why were Ford workers afraid of him?
- How did the Great Depression affect the Ford Motor Company? How did the wages, working conditions, and living conditions change for Ford workers and their families?
- Why did laid-off auto workers march on Ford Motor Company on March 7th, 1932? How did Henry Ford, his guards, and the police react to the march?What was the overall significance of the march and Ford’s response?