Strayer University Cross Cultural Context Discussion
- Please respond to the following statement: An individual living and working in a cross-cultural context can be completely absorbed and integrated into the culture of the people that he or she is serving.
- Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
- How do the worldview and values of the individual and the host culture impact the interactions that take place between the two cultures?
- Discuss one way that worldview and values impact your interactions with others through your field of study.
- Be sure to use the course material (Elmer, Duane. Cross-Cultural Servanthood: Serving the World in Christlike Humility. Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity Press, 2006. AND Howell & Paris: Howell, Brian M., and Paris, Jenell Williams. Introducing Cultural Anthropology: A Christian Perspective. 2nd ed. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2019.)…….for this course in your personal post and replies. Cite all sources using Turabian formatting.
- Post your initial response to various questions in a post consisting of at least 400 words* using Scripture and course materials found in the Reading & Study folder.
- Cite all material used in your posts and replies using current Turabian formatting.
- *Note that neither the retyped questions from the original DB prompt nor the citations from the course materials are considered in the word count.
- This course utilizes the Post-First feature in all Discussion Board Forums. This means you will only be able to read and interact with your classmates’ threads after you have submitted your thread in response to the provided prompt. For additional information on Post-First, click here for a tutorial.
- Submit your initial post by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of the assigned modules/weeks and your replies by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of the assigned modules/weeks.