Stagflation of the 1970s Discussion
Watch the Videos below then answer the following questions. Answers do not need to be too lengthy.
- What factors contributed to the stagflation of the 1970s?
- How did Volker deal with the high inflation?
- Did high oil prices cause the stagflation or was it something else?
- Is the Fed independent? If so, how do our leaders ensure they maintain the best interests of the public?
- How does Milton Friedman establish his view that inflation is a monetary issue?
- According to Friedman, do trade unions cause inflation by pushing up wages and the cost of production?