Second Avenue Subway National Project Discussion
Find an article describing a national project in detail. On the basis of the article and on your understanding of the project, answer the questions below. State any assumptions that you feel are necessary to provide answers.
- Who were the stakeholders?
- Was it an internal or external project?
- What were the most important resources used in the project? Explain.
- What were the needs and expectations of each stakeholder?
- What are the alternative approaches for this project?
- Was the approach selected for the project the best, in your opinion? Explain.
- What were the risks in the project?
- Rank the risks according to severity.
- What was done or could have been done to mitigate those risks?
- Was the project a success? Why?
- Was there enough outsourcing in the project? Explain.
- What lessons can be learned from this project?
The assignment is to answer the question provided above in essay form. This is to be in narrative form and should be as thorough as possible. Bullet points should not to be used. The paper should be at least 1.5 – 2 pages in length, Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins and utilizing at least one outside scholarly or professional source related to project management. Do not insert excess line spacing. APA formatting and citation should be used.