Saint Leo University Mangers Correctional Leadership Discussion Paper
After reading all the assigned reading material for this module, complete the assignment below.
From your readings in this module, you have learned the importance of leadership in the corrections arena.
· For this module’s written exercise, distinguish between correctional leaders, managers, and administrators.
- Are there any differences between the three? Should there be?
- What, according to the research, makes one a great correctional leader, manager, or administrator?
- Include in your response, the leadership theory you think works best in corrections
- How important is communication to a correctional leader/manager’s success?
- In this assignment also weave in the Saint Leo core value, respect, as you formulate your paper
- Core Value: Community: Respect-Animated in the spirit ofJesus Christ, we value all individuals’ unique talents, respect their dignityand strive to foster their commitment to excellence in our work. Ourcommunity’s strength depends on the community and diversity of our people, onthe free exchange of ideas and on learning, living and working harmoniously
Discuss your thoughts on the information that has been posted. Discuss its relevance and implications to the field of Corrections. Some postings may require the student to find an article online in reference to a timely topic. Write a brief summary of the article and post the full URL. Your remarks can be opinion, but they must be based on experience, research and/or prior learning. The paper must be in APA format and include a title page, abstract, discussion, conclusion, and references. Wikipedia is not an appropriate source for any scholarly writing and is not permitted for any assignment in this program. Your paper should go beyond the obvious and must be at least 1,200 words in length. You must use at least three resources to support your position. Remember, all resources including, but not limited to, journals, magazines, and/or books must be properly cited using APA style and published within the last 5 years. APA has a new edition. Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, (2020). 7th Edition, Washington D.C.: American Psychological Association. Avoid using gender his/her, use they/theirs. The assignments within this class are to be the student’s original work. The student is permitted to use no more than 15% of other’s quoted work. As an FYI, “Running head:” no longer precedes the short title on the Title page. Avoid the 1st person for all formal papers. As per APA standards, use headline caps for Level 1 headings. Please consult the APA style manual regarding the formatting of citations with 3+ authors.