Project Management Assignment 2
I totally bombed Assignment 1 and need help! Here is the feedback I received: HiTanisha – You earned a grade of D on this assignment (65%). Specific feedback is provided below.
I am on the fence for your project selection. For assignments 2 and 3 you will use this same project but be asked to discuss how you will address shortening the project timeline or dealing with resource challenges. Your project needs to be complex enough to address these topics in future assignments.
You need to provide more specificity on your project’s goals and objectives. Remember they are different. My video provides more details.
Your discussion of the project’s structure is incomplete. I was looking for a discussion on a dedicated are part-time workforce and if they come from a matrix, functional or projectized organization? The video describes this further.
You met the minimum requirements for addressing key customers and stakeholders. I was looking for a minimum of two each. I was also looking for a discussion on their roles and impact to the project. For example, are they for or against the project? How much influence do they have? See my video for an example here.
Your paper needs improvement. A combination of writing mechanics, grammar, spelling need work. I recommend you consider using Strayer’s writing center to help for the next assignment. I also attached my 1st Assignment.
Assignment 2: Revised Project Proposal
Due Week 8 and worth 150 points
Your Project Sponsor has reviewed your project proposal and has asked that you make some changes to it.
In Assignment 2, you will provide a four to six (4-6) page paper, in which you must:
- Provide a summary of your project.
- Update the goals and objectives based upon his feedback as well as add two more goals & objectives. NOTE: Use your professor’s feedback to update your goals & objectives.
- Describe at least three (3) key milestones and /or deliverables for your project.
- Describe a high-level timeline that includes key tasks and deadlines.
- Estimate the project’s overall cost and any key staffing and non-staffing resources needed.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the key concepts, processes, and components of project management.
- Develop a project plan including the critical elements of project scope and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Develop a process for managing & controlling a project.
Please let me know if you have more questions