NGR 6803 University of South Florida Obesity Research Evidence Based Practice HW
Use the systematic review or meta-analysis article provided and write a 2-page appraisal paper for one article.
Instructions for the appraisal paper: The paper should not be greater than two pages in length ( not including the title page or references) in APA format. An introduction, appraisal of methodology, appraisal of results and clinical implications sections are required for this assignment. The purpose of this assignment is to APPRAISE versus restate what is written in the article. An appraisal is your interpretation of the author(s) work.
1. Introduction: Write a brief summary of the significance of the problem identified in the paper. Please propose a EBP question that this article would answer to. PICOT components need to be presented as well.
2. Appraisal of Methodology: Describe total numbers of studies included, type of studies included, pooled sample size, criteria used for review, how many authors reviewed the studies.
3. Appraisal of Results: Describe the results that answer the clinical question, provide appropriate statistics (mean, OR, RR, CI, test of overall effect, heterogeneity test).
4. Clinical Implications: Restate the clinical question formulated from the article. Identify if the study can support a potential clinical practice change. State your rationale for supporting or not supporting adoption or integration of evidence into practice.
5. References. If you add other references it should be less than 5 years old
Use article below:
Mastellos, N., Gunn, L. H., Felix, L. M., Car, J., & Majeed, A. (2014). Transtheoretical model stages of change for dietary and physical exercise modification in weight loss management for overweight and obese adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev(2), CD008066. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD008066.pub3