Middle Tennessee State University Emergency Response Questions
To begin, download Emergency Response.docx and save it as ER_YourLastName (example, ER_Hiers). Then, read the scenario and type your responses to the questions below directly in your saved document. Include references to support your conclusions.
You are the director of operations at Nashville International Airport. Your airport employees 12 operations personnel responsible for Part 139 compliance, a contracted ARFF crew, 23 airport police officers, 4 canine units, and a grounds maintenance crew. Your ARFF Facility is an Index C facility. Two of your Airport Board members are concerned about the ARFF facility being able to respond appropriately to an aircraft accident on British Airways’ Boeing 787.
- What size aircraft are included in Index C?
- What are the average daily departures for British Airways B787?
- Is BNA in compliance with Part 139 ARFF requirements?
- How do you handle this situation?
- How do you ensure your board members that safety is a priority? Create a statement explaining your commitment to safety.