MHR 6451 Columbia Southern Unit VI Organizational Change Initiative Reflection Paper
Today, you learned that your organization has a significant change initiativeplanned within the next 6 months. The chief executive officer (CEO) has askedyou, the human resources (HR) director, to lead this change initiative. Youwill need to motivate your supervisors as they work directly with theemployees; their role in this change will be critical. For this assignment,you will start by doing some self-analysis to prepare yourself to take onheading up the change initiative.
First, begin your paper by briefly describing the change that will take placeat your organization. Then, browse the Internet to find one of the manyleadership style quizzes that are available. Take the assessment to learn moreabout your personal leadership style. Consider a traditional leadership styletest such as What’s Your Leadership Style? https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/leadership. An assessment that gives amore nontraditional leadership style assessment is The Leadership Legacy Assessment: Identifying Your InstinctiveLeadership Style http://www.yourleadershiplegacy.com/assessment/ass. However, feel free to find your own. Ensure that theassessment provides enough analysis for you to be able to determine your ownstyle.
Once you have taken a leadership style assessment, you will then write areflection paper that includes the elements listed below.
- Compare and contrast your two top leadership styles. Did your resultssurprise you? Why, or why not?
- Evaluate how your leadership style could impact employee motivation andthe change initiative.
- Select two supervisors from those portrayed in the unit lesson to joinyour change initiative team, and explain why you would choose them. Whatroles are they best suited to play in the change process, and how will youmentor them to utilize their strengths and improve on theirweaknesses?
- Provide an analysis of the motivational theories that could play a rolein successfully leading employees through the change initiative.
- Identify areas where you think you can improve on your own leadershipskills to ensure this change initiative is a success.
Your reflection paper should be a minimum of three pages in length. Yourwriting should reflect an in-depth consideration and personalization of theconcepts presented in this unit, and your interpretations should be insightfuland supported.
Any sources must be properly cited. Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment. APA formatting, however, is not necessary.