MGT 481 Colorado State University Global Campus Kaplan & Norton Balanced Scorecard Paper
Application of a Balanced Scorecard and Synthesizing/Evaluating Course Concepts
Introduction (1-2 paragraphs)
Provide an overview of your paper.
Balanced Scorecard (3-4 pages)
Kaplan and Norton created the Balanced Scorecard model to serve as a dashboard for reporting a combination of financial and non-financial metrics for organizations. Executives, managers, and employees alike benefit from an understanding of what is important to the organization, what performance levels are expected, and how they are performing.
Your Capsim competition rounds used a dashboard to report selected performance metrics to your team. This allowed you to know where you were in relation to your goals and what levers of control you might want to adjust to continue making progress.
Create a Portfolio Project that:
- Applies an assessment of the five principles of a Strategy-Focused Organization to your Capsim experience.
- Provides recommendations for further improvement in team performance.
Career Learnings (1-2 pages)
Discuss how you can take your Capsim and course experiences forward into your career.
Conclusion (1-2 paragraphs)
Provide a brief closing to your paper:
- Include a minimum of eight references to support your Portfolio Project, including four academic sources.
- Be sure your paper adheres to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.). The CSU-Global library is a good place to find sources. (You might find it helpful to start with the course’s recommended readings.)
Be sure to check out the CSU-Global Online Research and Writing Lab (Links to an external site.). Here you can find:
- Writing considerations and tips
- Writing resources
- Sample papers
- An APA Template (Links to an external site.) for writing assignments.