MDC Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Clinical Assignment Discussion
Concepts of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Clinical Assignment for Support Group Meeting
Locate a support group meeting and attend one of the scheduled sessions. Please remember confidentiality and respect for the program and its’ members. (You can use your previous experience if you have)
Please follow the guidelines below for completing a clinical log entry about your experience after attending the program. You should include this assignment in your final (second) clinical log.
- Describe your thoughts about attending a support group.
- Describe your expectation(s) prior to the start of the support group.
- Discuss a significant event that occurred during this clinical experience. Explain why the event was significant to you.
- Discuss one specific thing you learned today? Discuss how you can apply this learning to working with patients in the clinical practice setting.
- Identify some differences in what you learned today from what you previously believed about the topic of the support group. Discuss the effect those differences will have on your clinical practice as a nurse.
- Describe your thoughts at the completion of the meetings.
- Be prepared to share your experience with the class.