John Muir Health Center Chapter 5 Dealing with Disagreement and Conflict Discussion
Ch. 5. P.74
Stop & Think: Conflict and You
- What did you learn as a child about dealing with disagreement and conflict? Have
- you developed other ideas as an adult?
- When a conflict arises with a colleague or
- a family member of a child in your program, what are your first emotional responses?
- What techniques do you use when you find yourself in a situation of disagreement or conflict over what to do as an early childhood professional? The disagreement might be about a child, a specific
- activity or part of the curriculum, or an area of ABE you think is
- What kinds of disagreements or conflicts are more difficult for you to address? Why do you think that is so?
- What techniques would you like to be able to use in situations of disagreement or conflict?