IDST 403 Missouri Baptist University Week 3 Islam in Dubai Paper
**IMPORTANT** If you have not already selected your country for your Cross-Cultural Living Project, you will not be able to complete this assignment correctly!
This assignment is going to help you with your Cross-Cultural Living paper for week 8. If you need more information on this paper/project, see your syllabus.
For this assignment, you are going to do some research on the role of religion in your C-CL country. Using at least 2 external sources, in 500+ words, talk about the state of religion in your C-CL country. As always avoid personal pronouns and include a reference page.
Here are a few questions you should address, although you are not limited to these:
- Is there an official religion? If so, what? If not, are there other moralistic or philosophical frameworks that take the place of religion? (Not all countries have an officially designated religion but that does not mean they are areligious. As you research, if a country does not have an official religion but does have an active majority in one religion, you may count it for this assignment – just make sure to note its unofficial status.)
- What are the basic tenets of this religion?
- Is religious practice private, public, both, or neither?
- Are there other religions in the country?
- What is the religious make-up of the people in the country? (i.e. religious demographics)
- How is religious belief (or lack thereof) lived out in the country?
- Does religion play a role in government?
- Does government play a role in religion?
- Give an example of a positive impact religion (or moralistic/philosophical framework) has played in the country.
- Give an example of a negative impact religion (or moralistic/philosophical framework) has played in the country.