Effective Interview Questions
a 350-word paper that includes the following:
- Describe the job for which you researched job descriptions.
- Create interview questions based on the skills and characteristics a successful applicant might need.
- Relate the interview questions to their corresponding indicators.
- Determine how a focus on these characteristics, rather than an applicants resume, aid in hiring the best candidate.
- Cite references from this weeks TED Talk video.
Regina Hartley: Why the Best Hire Might Not have the Perfect Resume
“Given the choice between a job candidate with a perfect resume and one who has fought through difficulty, human resources executive Regina Hartley always gives the “Scrapper” a chance. As someone who grew up with adversity, Hartley knows that those who flourish in the darkest of spaces are empowered with the grit to persist in an ever-changing workplace” TED 2015
View time: 10:30 minutes.
Human Resource Management in Public Service
- Chapter 3, Recruitment: From Passive Posting to Social Media Networking
- Chapter 4, Selection: From Civil Service Commissions to Decentralized Decision Making (pp. 131175)
Berman, E. M., Bowman, J. S., West, J., & Van Wart, M. R. (2020).