ECO 535 Virginia State University Why the Economic Growth of India & China Varied PPT
Review the Wk 5 Resources.
Prepare a 12- to 16-slide presentation for the 2 economies assigned to your team. Except for Team A, each pair of economies has 1 very successful country and 1 not so successful country.
- Team B: China vs India (world’s 2 most populous countries
- Research each economy assigned to your Team. Compare similarities and differences between your assigned countries/economies and how their economic, political, and cultural development since 1992 has influenced their economic growth and trade competitiveness.
- Use tables and/or graphs to support your analysis of the following economic statistics/indicators of your 2 assigned economies through the most recent year available since 2009 (the trough of the last economic cycle). Whenever possible, plot the metric for both economies on the same chart.
- GDP per capita growth over time
- Inflation rate over time
- Unemployment rate over time
- Exports as a % of GDP over time
- National government debt as a % of GDP
Evaluate the reasons why the economic growth of the 2 economies/countries varied. Discuss how international trade influenced the strength of each economy. Discuss the role of value chains and value-added production.
Analyze how the failure to use value-added trade measures distorts trade statistics. For example, Boeing and Airbus airliners, Apple iPad and iPhone production, and North American integrated auto and light truck manufacturing.
Examine at least 2 industries that have provided each economy a comparative advantage in world trade.
Cite at least 2 academically credible sources.