Colorado College Evaluation Alternative Programs & Employee Training Discussions
PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL PLAGIARISM REPORTS ARE SUBMITTED
Discuss your views of Weiss and Henry’s claims that “the purpose of evaluation is to bring about social betterment” in relationship to the target of evaluation you selected. Comment on your level of agreement or disagreement with the claim and your reasons why. Discuss two other uses for program evaluation.
Many school districts offer charter schools and/or schools of choice, and online schools, especially for high school. Assume there is no public high school in your community, review alternative options and choose one that you would support. Provide the web link to the program you selected. Take a stand on which view (expertise or consumer) you think is the most valuable in helping parents decide which school to select and provide support for your selection.
Describe a program in your organization (school or business) that has been ineffective and would benefit from a decision-oriented approach. Discuss at least three benefits of having a formative evaluation in your planned evaluation and how it would improve the program.
The Target of Program Evaluation Plan Assignment is the first part of a five-part project to plan the various elements of a program evaluation for education. Select a program target from your school district, workplace, (e.g., business training program) or your university (where you are a student). For you to gain the most from the assignment, you should select a program that you are interested in, would like to see evaluated, and are able to obtain information about. (Possible programs include: student assessment, teacher assessment, pay for student achievement, new teacher or employee training, online classrooms, anti-bullying, gender equity for girls in math and science, school to work, retention of at-risk students, and schools of choice (charter schools), etc.). As you develop the entire plan, gather information, and receive feedback from your professor (or others), you should revise and refine each part of the project. Think of your professor as your project evaluator and supervisor who will help guide you so that you produce an outstanding, well-developed evaluation plan for the stakeholders.
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
- Describe three elements of a worthy object for program evaluation—its type, the department administrating it, and the target population.
- Describe the program’s history, primary purpose(s), and/or expected outcomes.
- Explain three reasons for selecting the program (e.g., program’s value or lack of it, issues surrounding it, age, relevance, cost, impact on students, etc.).
- Discuss three advantages of evaluating the program at this time.
- Discuss two major constraints in conducting an evaluation on this program and a method of addressing them.
- Use at least three peer-reviewed academic resources in this assignment. Peer-reviewed academic resources are articles and scholarly journals that are reviewed by a panel of experts or peers in the field.