Chamberlain History of Research Ethics & Biomedical Research Discussion
Week 6 Discussion
Respond to the following prompts:
- How has learning about the history of research ethics impacted your view of biomedical research?
- In looking at the studies you reviewed for your PICOT question, do you feel that today’s researchers adequately protect the rights of human subjects? If not, what additional measures do you recommend?
- In completing your CITI modules (Human Subjects Research Course Provided by CITI), was there anything that surprised you?
- What similarities did you see between the CITI modules and the ANA Code of Ethics?
- Do you see applications for this week’s content to your nursing practice?
*** References and readings used during this week.
- Gray, J. R., Grove, S. K., & Sutherland, S. (2017). Burns and Grove’s the practice of nursing research: Appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence (8th ed.). Elsevier.
- Ch. 9 Ethics in Research
- Polit, F. D. & Beck, T. C. (2018). Essentials of nursing research: Appraising evidence for nursing practice (9th ed.). Wolters Kluwer.