Carlos Albizu University Week 1 Ethics Violations in The Tuskegee Study HW
Principles of Epidemiology APA Style Question
Discussion Prompt 1-3 Paragraphs
In your opinion, which ethical guidelines for the protection of human subjects did the Tuskegee study most egregiously violate? Your answers may include, but are not limited to, voluntary consent, degree of risk never outweighs benefit, scientists must always be willing and able to end study, etc.
Support your opinion with at least one citation and reference, and use epidemiological terminology you learned this week.
Use APA Style. In your replies to peers, debate whether or not human subject research guidelines are stringent enough and whether the current level of oversight is sufficient.
Part 2 (Please Separate this part to a different Word Document)
Week 1 Assignment: Environmental Health Paper
Objective: To demonstrate understanding of how environmental exposures impact human health.
This week is all about the fundamentals of epidemiology and environmental health. Using the information, you learned this week, write a paper detailing how a healthcare facility might manage one of the topics below.
1. Go to the National Center for Environmental Health on the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/.
2. Scroll down to Environmental Health Topics, and choose one of the following topics for your paper.
- Air Quality Safety
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Childhood Lead Poisoning
- Climate and Health
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss
3. In a one- to two-page paper in APA Style, address the following:
- How might a healthcare facility manage the topic you chose?
- How would you assure minimal loss of public and private health in an emergency related to the topic you chose?
- How would you investigate problems associated with your topic?
Include a title page and a reference list. You must cite and reference the website and at least one other source. You may use your text as a source.
Remember to always cite your sources using APA Style 7th edition format. Be sure to support your paper with references from the week’s readings and other relevant resources.